Title Screen featuring female players.
|Hack of||Track & Field|
|Engine||Track & Field|
|Sound engine||Track & Field|
Atlant Olimpic is a sports game made for Arcade machines, developed and released by someone else known as Georgia in 1996.
You play a series of Olympic events, such as 110m Hurdles and Long Jump. You control your character by tapping two (or one) buttons very quickly, mainly for running, but also for building power. A third button is used for a certain action (shoot, throw or jump). You can also make competitions with another players (up to 3) to have some fun aside playing it with the CPU.
- The game is a ROM hack of Track & Field, an Arcade game released in 1983 by Konami (known as Hyper Olympic in Japan). However, due to the game's original release date, some changes was made:
- The ROM hack includes a Motorola M6802, probably used for copy protection. The original game only had a Zilog Z80 and a custom KONAMI-1 CPU;
- The game's graphics was revamped in order to promote the 1996 Summer Olympics, which was set in Atlanta, USA;
- It's possible to play the game with female athletes. The original allowed male athletes only;
- The male athletes got a full beard instead of a single mustache compared to the original game;
- The male speech was completely replaced with another male speech, albeit in a very low-pitched tone. The female speech also became low-pitched too;
- To avoid copyright issues, the game features an English title (Atlanta turned Atlant and Olympic became Olimpic);
- The Summer Olympics logo in the title has one additional Olympic ring;
- The game was only released in Italy.