Cyborg Z's title screen.
|Console||MSX, Sega Master System|
|Sound engine||Hi no Tori Hououhen|
Cyborg Z (사이보그 Z) is a pirated clone of Knightmare, made by Zemina and released in August 1991 for the MSX1 computer system, and later that year for the Sega Master System, albeit technically being a Sega SG-1000 game in an SMS case.
Cyborg Z is a Knightmare clone. The gameplay is incredibly similar to the original. However, there are some differences:
- The game features anime-styled graphics much like Robot Taekwon V.
- The game features multi-player for two people.
- This game main characters statusbar have power bar and speed bar. If you got for enemy's damage, your power bar decrease.
- Most weapons, except for the rocket punch and the small white shot, have limited ammunition.
- In this game, invincible items have two types. The red invincible "α" item can kill enemies, but the blue invincible "β" item cannot.
- Each stage has a mid boss and final boss.
- After passing each stage, a bonus roulette is started. If the arrow lands on a yellow space, an item can be selected. This can be repeated as long as the player lands on yellow every time.
Cartridges and Boxes Edit
- The SG-1000 port is believed to be a Master System game due to the latter console being backwards-compatible with the SG-1000. As a result, there is some dispute as to whether it's a Master System or SG-1000 title.
- Part of this game's music is comprised of classical music.
- This game's sound engine is stolen from "Hi no Tori Hououhen".
- Part of the text on this game box uses Chinese characters. This is also used in other old Korean video games.
- This game has a hidden command for a "Sound Test". It can be accessed by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right (most of the "Konami Code") at the Play Select screen.
- There are two different boxes for this game.
|List of games by Zemina|