Tentative title screen.
|Publisher||The Game Room (unreleased)|
|Console||Arcade (Neo Geo MVS)|
Digger Man is an unreleased unlicensed game developed by Kyle Hodgetts for SNK's Neo Geo system (MVS version).
Overview[edit | edit source]
The players explore underground to catch diamonds, fruits, and jewels, which all give points. It's possible to get stuck in a lot of boulders, so a bomb function is available for everyone. But beware of getting caught in a bomb explosion or getting hit on the head by a boulder, as this will cost you.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Digger Man's concept is based on Boulder Dash, which had many official versions released throughout the years.
- Many assets are from Gururin, a 1994 puzzle game made by Face, also for the Neo Geo (MVS version). A lot of the graphics, and all the music/SFX, came from this game.
- Despite the game being called Digger Man, the first player is actually a woman.
- Comic Sans MS is used as a font, notably on the title screen and Press Start screen.
- The game was going to be published by The Game Room, who had published several of Kyle Hodgetts' other arcade games, but it was canceled for unknown reasons.