|Years||Late 90s / early 2000s|
|Sounds used||Sunsoft, Avilon (Street Dance game only)|
|Aliases||Shanghai Paradise, BBG (Bitter Brain Group), Invent|
|Games published by||Waixing, Advance Bright Limited, Macro Winners, various other Famiclone manufacturers|
|Related companies||Nice Code Software, Qi Sheng Long|
Inventor was a Chinese developer of various original games and hacks, believed to be responsible for the majority of hacks found on Famiclones dating from 2000 onward, such as the Arcade Action II. Its original games and some advanced hacks use Sunsoft's sound engine.
Although Inventor itself is believed to no longer exist, many of its games and hacks appear to have passed to other companies, including Waixing, Cube Technology, and Nice Code Software. For particular, its graphics appear to have been copied and reused by Shenzhen Nanjing in at least three games so far.
Other names used by Inventor or related companies include Shanghai Paradise & BBG (Bitter Brain Group - not to be confused with BBK Electronics, which also went by the name BBG on earlier products).
Original Games[edit | edit source]
These games can usually be identified by a Shanghai Paradise logo found in the game tiles, although it is displayed in only the original versions of them. Certain redistributions remove all mentions of Shanghai Paradise, remove any instance of (presumably) Chinese, give title screens new graphics, or even cut down the whole game severely.
Out of all the original Shanghai Paradise releases, only Blood of Jurassic has been dumped properly, due to the copy protection that lies within each Shanghai Paradise board.
- Blood of Jurassic GD-98 (獵殺侏羅紀) - Also has a cut-down multicart version named Jurassic Park.
- F22 aka Navigator - The original version has 16 levels, but the version featured on certain Waixing multicarts and Famiclones that include Waixing's software built in has only 3.
- Monkey King - Based on Journey to the West novel.
- MusicBox - A karaoke game with three songs.
- Pingpong Qiu - A ping pong game based on the 2006 ping pong championship in china.
- Street Dance - A Dance Dance Revolution clone, the original version is ©2000 INVENT and uses standard NES music (with the Sunsoft sound engine), while an update made in 2008 apparently by Nice Code Software updates the copyright to ©2008 INVENT and adds PCM sampled music. A combined game pack with this and Hit Mouse also came bundled with certain third-party dance pads.
- Underground Mission
Advanced Hacks[edit | edit source]
- Super Hang-On 97, Skiing - fairly comprehensive hacks of Highway Star, aka Rad Racer.
- Alienis - Either a clone or an advanced hack of Battle City which introduces scrolling.
- Power Boat - An advanced hack of Road Fighter that has you racing boats in a river.
- Fish War - A hack of Balloon Fight with completely different graphics and music.
Subpages[edit | edit source]
|List of standard hacks
Less advanced hacks that were produced by Inventor.