|Jue Zhan Tai Ping Yang|
Jue Zhan Tai Ping Yang's title screen.
|Cart ID(s)||ES-1014 (Da Hang Hai VII version)|
|Alternate names/hacks||Da Hang Hai VII (大航海VII)|
Overview[edit | edit source]
The port is quite accurate to the original game but several elements were changed or left out, either due to the NES hardware and/or the political situation in China. In the original game, the player needed to select either Japan or USA but here, you just select between two fictional armies: the La Meng army (拉盟軍隊) and the Na Sha army (那沙軍隊). The general's stats also seemed to be fixed here rather than being randomized. This port only has four of the original scenarios, with all of them taking place in the future instead of World War II:
- The Night Before the Sea Battle: "海戰前夜" (11/01/2041)
- The Battle of God of War: "戰神的怒吼" (12/08/2041)
- The Battle of the Pacific: "鏖戰太平洋" (06/05/2042)
- The Final Duel: "最后的決斗" (04/07/2045)
The game is entirely in Chinese, so this could be also considered as a translation from the Japanese original.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being developed in China, The text on this game mixed Simplified and Traditional Chinese, a common trait in Waixing's earlier games.
- A good example of this is the final scenario's Chinese name. (最后的決斗, Simplified: 最后的决斗, Traditional: 最後的決鬥)
- The font used for this game is from Guo Qiao Chinese System (國喬中文系統). This font is also used in many old Taiwanese video games (DOS games) and Waixing's other earlier games.
- This version has two different endings.
- This game has two different instruction manuals..
- The older instruction manual refers to several things not in this port. For example, it still mentions Japan and USA being in the game and not the fictional armies.
- This game got a title hack known as Da Hang Hai VII (大航海VII).