Title screen (Excalibur version).
|Publisher||Apollo, Excalibur Electronics, Tsukuda, others?|
|Console||Plug n' Play (Famicom)|
|Alternate names/hacks|| King Fishing Live (Excalibur)|
Tzar Fishing (Russia)
King Fishing is a bass fishing simulator developed by Hummer Technology in the early 2000s. It was exclusively released on a plug n' play system that was marketed in various countries around the world by various publishers. The version released by Excalibur explicitly credits a company named Silicon Pyramid.
- Turtles swim by.
- The HUD arrangement is different.
- The playfield is one tile taller.
- There's no copyright line on the title screen.
- Some of the graphics are slightly different. Notably, the fisherman wears a hat in the Apollo version which makes him look like Terry Bogard of Fatal Fury and King of Fighters fame.
- This Plug n' Play was seen in Japan (Tsukuda), Russia (?), and the United States (Apollo, Excalibur Electronics).
- King Fishing seems to have been reprogrammed slightly between the Apollo and Silicon Application releases. At this time it is unclear as to which came first.
- The game's art style is extremely similar to Titenic.