|MaxPlay Classic Games|
GameCube box art.
|Console||PlayStation 2, GameCube|
|Date||March 15, 2004|
MaxPlay Classic Games is an unlicensed 10-in-1 multigame, released exclusively in Europe in 2004 for the PlayStation 2 and GameCube.
The compilation includes ten games, all of which were originally created for the Game Boy Advance, running through a custom GBA emulator. The PlayStation 2 version plays generic music over each game, while the GameCube version features actual sound emulation.
The games included are:
- Bounty Hunter X
- Chopper II - The Return
- Loop the Loop
- From Above (Space Invaders clone; listed as "Invaders")
- Dragon Tiles 3
- Paddle Panic (a combination of Breakout and Pong)
- Jetpack 2
- Popem! (Pang! clone)
- Super Power Shot
- This is the only known unlicensed game to have been released on Nintendo GameCube.
- A pirated copy of Metroid Fusion is in the game's files, inside a folder labeled "DELETE_ME".
- The center of the disks are reportedly taken from other licensed titles on the PS2/GameCube (such as Wild Wild Racing), with a new outer rim glued around it. Presumably, this was the only way Datel could beat the consoles' copyright protection, as the systems would read the center as an official disk.