|Alternate names/hacks||New Game Multi 5|
Multi 5 is a game compilation made for Arcade machines, developed and released by Yun Sung in 1998.
The arcade machine consists in a compilation of 5 puzzle games, all of them ripping off some content from an existent game:
- Box Logic (Picross clone)
- Rocktris (Columns clone with naked woman in background)
- Bubble Gum (Puzzle Bobble / Bust-A-Move clone)
- Cross Point (another Columns clone with naked woman in background)
- Tong Boy (a unauthorized clone of Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.)
Rocktris is known to be released as stand-alone arcade machine and both Box Logic with Rocktris also is featured in Puzzle Club, another game compilation made by Yun Sung.
- The game is a clone of Picross, although is not based in a Picross video game, such as Mario's Picross and other Picross games developed by Jupiter.
- The game is an almost a unauthorized modification of Taito's Puzzle Bobble (otherwise known as Bust-A-Move in USA), since almost of the features of the original game was thrown in;
- The programmers stole the sound effects and voices of the original game.
- The game is a clone of Sega's Columns, which featured naked woman in the background.
- The game is a clone of X Rock, a Taiwanese game made by Soft World in 1990 for MS-DOS and also is a rip off of Sega's Columns.
- The game is a complete adaptation of two Nintendo games: Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.
- The characters was changed in general, to avoid legal issues with Nintendo;
- Both original games did only feature 4 stages each. Tong Boy has their own variant stages (plus the original DK and DK Jr. ones) , such as different enemy and ladder placements.
- A SFX from Puyo Puyo is heard when player touches a food in a similar manner to DK Jr.;
- The musics in general are stolen from various Nihon Falcom games, such as Dragon Slayer and Ys II;
- Several versions of the compilation exists around the world by different publishers, these are:
- New Impeuropex Corp. S.R.L. (Italy);
- BNS Enterprises (Unknown place);
- Nova Games (if is Nova Games of Canada is unconfirmed);
- Yun Sung also did a similar compilation called Puzzle Club, released in 2000.
- Director: Kang Bok Won, Lee Chang Won
- Program: Kim Byung Gyu, Jang Chang Soo
- Graphics: Oh Jeong Suk, Yum Jeong Sik, Kim Dong Suk, Lee Chang Won
- Hardware: Lee Sang Jin
- Sound: Lee Chang Won