|Super Fighters 99 Title Screen + Super Gameboy Border|
Super Fighters 99 is a Chinese pirated version of the King of Fighters series, mostly based off of KoF 97.
A few things are surprising about this pirated KoF game. First is that it is a pirated game that comes with a border when played on a SNES Super Gameboy. The second thing of note is that unlike the official KoF gameboy games, that the characters are actually set up into teams instead of having random characters from all the teams. The only ones not set to teams are Iori and Shingo, who did not have teams in KoF 97. But the most surprising thing of all about this game is that, despite a few glitches, the gameplay is actually comparable to the official games. The controls work pretty well, and the game comes with options mode and team mode as well as a single mode. All in all, a high-quality pirated game.
The teams included are:
- The Hero team, Kyo, Benimaru, and Goro.
- The Kyokugen team, Ryo, Robert, and Yuri.
- The Fatal Fury team, Terry, Andy, and Joe.
- The Female team, Mai, Chizuru, and King.
- The Ikari Warriors, Leona, Ralf, and Clark.
- The Psycho Soldiers team, Athena, Kensou, and Chin.
- Kim's team, Kim, Choi, and Chang.
- The Orochi team, Yashiro, Shermie, and Chris.
- The Special team, Yamazaki, Billy, and Blue Marry.
- Iori and Shingo do not have teams.