|Super Mario & Sonik 2|
|Hack of||Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2|
|Alternate names/hacks||Super Mario 'n Sonik 2|
Super Mario & Sonic 2
Super Mario Sonik 2
Hi 'n Al: Rescue Rangers
Super Mario & Sonik 2 is a pirate hack of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 for the Famicom in 1994.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Unlike the original game, it starts up with the option of choosing between four pairs of characters, all of whom behave identically:
- Mario & Sonic
- Chip and a green Chip (Dale ingame)
- Mario & Luigi
- Sonic and a Red Sonic
Mario's sprites are edited from Super Mario Bros. 3, but Sonic's are completely custom and poorly drawn. The Chip sprites were reused from the original game.
In the character selection screen, the "SUPER" portion was taken from the original Super Mario Bros., "MARIO" from Dr. Mario and the " 'N" and "2" from Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2. The SONIK word uses a custom made font.
The title screen for the game reads Disney's Hi and Al Rescue Rangers 2, alongside a Chinese translation of the game's name. The original version of the game is broken, as it crashes after defeating the first boss, making the rest of the game unplayable.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Box arts and Cartridges[edit | edit source]
Screenshots[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The background on the original cartridge cover is actually ripped off from Out Run boxart.
- The PCB of the original cartridge shown below has JY830953C on it. That code translates to September '94.
- This game operates on mapper 91 which is a cut-down version of mapper 90 by J.Y. Company.
- This hack was re-released in 1996 which has been repaired and it no longer crashes after the first boss.
- The Sonic in name is misspelled as "Sonik".