|Super Mario & Sonik 2|
|Hack of||Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2|
Super Mario 'n Sonik 2, also known as Super Mario & Sonic 2, Super Mario Sonik 2, and Hi 'n Al: Rescue Rangers is a pirate hack of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 for the Famicom in 1994.
Unlike the original game, it starts up with the option of choosing between four pairs of characters, all of whom behave identically. (Mario & Sonic, Chip & a green Chip (Dale ingame), Mario & Luigi, and Sonic & a red Sonic) Mario's sprites are edited from Super Mario Bros. 3, but Sonic's are completely custom and poorly drawn. The game starts with 10 lives instead 3.
In the title screen use the word SUPER from the original Super Mario Bros., the word MARIO from Dr. Mario and the " 'N" and "2" from Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2. The SONIK word is custom made.
The title screen reads Disney's Hi and Al Rescue Rangers 2 and the game is broken as it crashes after defeating the first boss.
Box arts and Cartridges Edit
- The background on the original cartridge cover is actually ripped off from Out Run boxart.
- The PCB of the original cartridge shown below has JY830953C on it. That code translates to September '94.
- This game operates on mapper 91 which is a cut-down version of mapper 90 by J.Y. Company.
- This hack was re-released in 1996 which has been repaired and it no longer crashes after the first boss.
- The "Sonic" in name is misspelled as "Sonik"