Title screen from the Li Cheng version.
|Publisher|| Hitek (Taiwan)|
Li Cheng (China)
|Console||Game Boy Color|
|Alternate names/hacks||Special Forces 2 base (Li Cheng)|
This is a decent port of Metal Slug 1 for the Neo Geo. A is used to jump and B is used to shoot. the graphics are also good even with with the limitations of the Game Boy Color. The bosses are also present in this version, but are more easy. The order of mission 4 and 5 is inverted. When a level is beaten, an exchange between George W. Bush and Osama Bin Laden takes place. In the original release the text is in English, but in Li Cheng's version the text is in Chinese.
- Original version (Hitek): This version has the Hitek logo and English cutscenes.
- Li Cheng version: This version removes the Hitek logo for a title screen photo and changes the "Terrifying 911" logo to another logo written 特種部隊 2 基地 (Special Forces 2 Base). The cutscenes are in Chinese.
- Recently, the original Taiwanese game ROM by Hitek was dumped, but unfortunately it only runs in the GBA emulator 'hhugboy' because of its copy protection. The Li Cheng version can run in all GBA emulators such as 'VisualBoyAdvance' for example.
- This game was obscure for years, because of Hitek's copy protection.
- This is one of few games that have some things related to the 9/11 Twin Towers incident.
- In the game data, it has a supposed unused Metal Slug logo, maybe it was used for a prototype?
- In the game data, it has a supposed unused "English and Chinese language options ", maybe it was used for a another version?
- As of now, the chinese (驚爆 911) title version of this game remains undumped.