- This article is about the SNES version. For the Mega Drive version, see The King of Fighters '98 (Mega Drive).
|The King of Fighters '98|
|Publisher||DVS Electronic Co.|
|Sound engine||Capcom (Final Fight 2)|
The King of Fighters '98 is a fighting game published by DVS Electronic Co. for the SNES. It has a different title screen and is considered much rarer than the Mega Drive version. Like The King of Fighters 2000, it uses music from Final Fight 2, however, unlike the Mega Drive version of '98, Iori is playable. The themes for the characters are also rearranged, for example Ryu uses "Carve a Dragon Wood" (which was the title theme in '00) as his theme, as opposed to "Lift Fighter" in The King of Fighters 2000.
Gameplay / Presentation[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The demo always seems to be showing the temple stage from The King of Fighters '98.
- Unlike the Genesis '98, '99 and 2000, Robert's, Takuma's, Terry's, and Iori's names are spelled correctly.
- The headshots from the Mega Drive '98 are used, along with a new one for Iori.
- Iori replaces Cammy for the Street Fighter team.
- When a fighter is defeated, the timer doesn't stop even though it's supposed to.