Titenic's title screen (can only be accessed with cheat codes).
|Publisher|| ABAB Soft, Zechess, and 鴻景 (Hong Jing)|
Ka Sheng (unreleased)
|Date||Unknown, possibly 1998-1999|
|Sound engine||Hummer Sound Engine|
|Alternate names/hacks|| Hacker (15-in-1)|
TITANIC (As referred to in uncompiled code in the 15 in 1 cart)
Wine bottles and lobsters serve as small and large health pickups respectively, and are the only pickups in Titenic, aside from extra lives.
Generally, the animal enemies, such as octopi, bats, rats, snakes and chicken, all have pre-determined behavior, inflict damage on contact with them and can be defeated in one hit. The fish jumping out of the water, however, are unkillable. Similarly, there's a rescue tube bouncing around.
The rest of the enemy roster is the ship's crew and, occasionally, passengers. All of them, excluding the waitress, were taken from The Mask on SNES and modified in some way.
- The Super New Year Cart 15-in-1 version disables the title screen and the cutscenes, possibly to remove the Titenic references.  (as the game goes under different names on the menu)
- Another game on the cart, Rings, shared a similar fate. The game was supposed to have a title screen but was removed to get rid of the Lord of the Rings reference. However, unlike Titenic the graphics for it were also removed.
- The misspelling of the title for this game appears to be done on purpose, likely to avoid trademark infringement; uncompiled code in the Super New Year Cart 15-in-1 refers to the game as "TITANIC".
- There is a debug mode in the game you can access by hitting A on the 2P controller. When using the debug, you can not scroll the screen. Up and Down (2P) raises/lowers the water levels. Pressing A again will summon Jack/Rose. Pressing Left and Right, will summon enemies and bosses. Start on the second controller brings up the ending screen.
- In the ZDog version, the debug menu is inaccessible. In Harry's Legend, it still exists but you can not access the ending.
- The crouch attacks seem a bit buggy; it is possible to cancel almost all of your animations when crouching. Because of this, it is possible to prevent yourself from dying by using the crouch attack to cancel the death animation. This, combined with the debug menu and various unused data, suggests that Titenic is actually unfinished.
- In the ZDog version, this exploit appears to be fixed. It's also not present in Harry's Legend.
- One of the enemies is reused in War, another game from Hummer Team which is dated 1999.
- Many of Jack's and Rose's sprites resemble Kyo Kusanagi's and Athena Asamiya's from The King of Fighters respectively. Also, Jack's "block" (the stance he does when a boss enters) appears to be Iori Yagami's blocking stance. Hummer Team did develop a The King of Fighters '96 NES port which would explain the connection. Interesting enough, both Kyo and Athena were cut from the official release of that port.
- Jack and Rose sprites also have a strong resemblance to the sprites of Axel Stone and Blaze Fielding from Streets of Rage respectively. The sprites of this game may have been the basis for many of Jack and Rose's features, especially the 8Bits version of SoR for Master System or Game Gear.
- The fish enemy in this game seems to be an edited version of the fish that Chuck throws up from Hummer Team's Earthworm Jim 3.
- In the ROM, there is a list of object names referring to not only the playable characters and enemies in Titenic but also what appears to be enemies and items from Tenchi o Kurau 2: Sekiheki no Tatakai. (Also known as Warriors of Fate outside of Japan.) The lobster in Titenic also looks similar to the one found in Tenchi o Kurau 2. This might imply Titenic originally started out as a port of this game and then got revamped or Hummer Team might have reused assets from an unfinished port they did.
- Despite the lobster having a name on the object list, it does not refer to the lobster found in Titenic itself.
Harry's LegendHarry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (most likely the novel, as the movie came out in 2001) and was made by Hummer Technology, a successor of Hummer Team. Two versions of the game were originally released, both with title screens in English and Chinese - however, both also feature cutscenes written entirely in English. Harry's Legend has become an object of multiple unofficial rereleases, appearing on both multicarts and single game cartridges.
|Harry's Legend Unused Stuff
Harry's Legend contains a bunch of unused stuff, many of it being leftovers from Titenic.
|List of games by ABAB Soft|