I'm not allowed to play pirated (I say "unlicensed," as that gives it a more legal touch) games, unfortunately. The closest thing I have that's related to a bootleg is a GBA Sonic Advance 2 cart which has a poorly stretched version of the Sonic Advance 2 cover as the label. The game is still the same, although the save feature has been omitted.
A bootleg game company I made up.
Xianmen (more commonly credited as Guilin Soft) is a Taiwan based-developer of Game Boy, SNES and Mega Drive games which was founded in summer 1992.
Famiclones produced by them:
GamePlumber (originally titled "Game Box") A simple box with cartridge and CD slots for NES, Famicom (one slot that fits both) SNES (one slot that fits EU, JPN and US carts) N64 and Game Boy/GBA games. Comes in purple/white, yellow/blue, red/blue or black/blue with two basic-looking five-button controllers (they are black with gray buttons regardless of the color scheme) and a universal light gun. (boxes with the "Shoot Twice!" sticker come with two guns)
GameHog: Sega version of the GamePlumber, with CD slot for Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast CDs, and cartridge slots for SG-1000/Master System (one slot for both) Genesis (one slot for EU, JPN and US carts) Game Gear, 32X and a "RUSGEN" (for Russian Genesis clone carts) slot. Comes in blue/red or blue/beige (modeled after Sonic's color scheme) with two basic six button-controllers. The system along with the GamePlumber does not include any false claims on the box, a rare trait.
The box includes this text:
"Easy To Set Up"
"Classic 16-bit graphics"
"Advanced Audio (CD games only)"
"Includes Slot for Russian Megadrive Games"
"Made in Taiwan. YE-22562"
"AV Out" These are games/hacks known to be made by them:
Virtua Fighter 2 (SNES) Pirate port of the MD game, uses some of the remixed VF2 music from Tekken 2 (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES) Ported from the Famicom Disk System to NES.
Super Smash Bros (Famicom) Hack of Kart Fighter that revamps the options, changes the select sound and swaps Donkey Kong Jr. and his stage for Pikachu. Published in 1999.
Black Widow (Genesis): Sidescrolling platformer where you take control of the Marvel character of the same name. The game runs on Mulan's engine and has four stages, each with more than one substage. The music is taken from Barver Battle Saga.
Brave (Mega Drive) Another game running on the Mulan engine (although with a lot more stages) this game is based off the Disney/Pixar game (and movie) of the same name. The music is taken from Shui Hu Feng Yun Zhuan and Ya Se Chuan Shuo. On the side note, Angus, Merida's horse, is a palette swap of Philippe from Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest. The label art is taken from the cover Brave: The Junior Novelization.
Super 1998 Hummer 27-in-1 (NES) This is their only multicart to date, containing only Hummer Team games. The list of games are:
1. Sonic (Somari hack)
3. Fatal Fury Special (Garou Densetsu Special with Western title screen)
4. Mortal Kombat 3 (Original version, removes the clones and adds Sindel)
5. Final Fight 3
6. Donkey Kong Country (Donkey Kong Country 4 title hack)
7. KOF 96
8. Super Mario World (complete version)
9. Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SFZ2 '97 hack)
10. Titanic (Titenic)
11. Street Fighter 2
12. Hentai Fight (AV Bishoujo Senshi Girl Fighting)
13. Kart Fighter (later hacks such as the 1999 version title it "Super Smash Bros")
14. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim 3 hack that adds the cut Psycrow theme and boss battle as well as all the missing levels from the original game)
15. Samurai Shodown 2 (Shin Samurai Spirits)
16. Babs Big Break (Tiny Toons Adventures 6)
17. Mortal Kombat 2 (Mortal Kombat 2 Special title hack, although the "Special" is removed, the noise that it makes is still present)
18. Blast Off (Space Shuttle Exploration)
19. Dragon Ball (Dragonball Z: Super Butoden 2)
20. Mortal Kombat (Mortal Kombat II)
21. Power Rangers (Power Rangers III title hack)
22. Mahjong 2 (Shisen Mahjong 2/Sanguo Chunqiu: Sichuan Sheng)
23. The Legend of Jing Ke (Jing Ke Xin Zhuan)
24. Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (Title hack of Master Fighter VI' that removes the clones)
25. Street Fighter IV
26. Anti-Terrorism (War)
27. Tekken (Tekken 2 title hack that removes the clones)
It was rereleased a year later in 1999 as the "Super 1999 28-in-1" and added two games: Pink Jelly (Pink Panther on the menu) and a hack of it entitled Tails' Adventure.
Freedom Planet (Famicom) Port of the PC version..
Capcom vs. SNK (Genesis/SNES) Port of the original game, released in 2000. This port swaps Benimaru, Raiden and Morrigan for Andy Bogard, Shermie and Athena Asamiya, otherwise the roster remains the same. The SNES version was also developed by Xianmen, and thus the Capcom sound engine is not used (instead opting for remade music and sound samples, similar to Top Fighter 2000 MK VIII and X-Men vs. Street Fighter) However, the game still runs on the SNES fighting engine.
Survivor Dogs (or "Gou yong shi shou bu qu zhi yi: Xing cun zhe" in Chinese. Genesis, SNES) RPGs based on Erin Hunter's bestselling series of novels. The Genesis games use music from Shui Hu Feng Yun Zhuan.
They also published a number of Sonic Retro games in cartridge form such as "The S-Factor: Sonia and Silver," and accurately colorized several monochrome GB games and released them under the "Xianmen Color" label.