Hi, welcome to BootlegGames Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the File:Gamtec logo.png page.
Holy crap Taizou, I can't believe how much work you have done on this wiki. I haven't been able to do much due to working but I have checked repeatedly and I've noticed the work you have been doing. If you want, I can premote you to Administrator. KingPepe2010 19:29, July 27, 2010 (UTC) (Holy crap, I keep forgetting to sign in X_X)
- Yeah, I could go for that. thanks! :D Taizou 21:23, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Congrats! Taizou, you are now our new administrator! KingPepe2010 21:26, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- yay! thanks Taizou 21:34, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I have a question, are you able to delete and protect pages? (Don't actually do it but look on the same line as Edit or whatever) KingPepe2010 22:52, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I am. Taizou 22:56, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- All right. For some reason, the user groups don't say you're under administrators. KingPepe2010 22:59, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I noticed that too - I guess they don't update instantly. but i do seem to have all the super awesome admin powers, anyway. Taizou 23:07, July 27, 2010 (UTC)
hi there mr. automated wiki message. Gordy12gg 02:39, February 25, 2011 (UTC)
Hi Taizou, I'm PlayerSecelt from the forums.
Hey, being new to this Wiki, I noticed that a certain bootleg game I knew of wasn't on this site so I decided to create a page for it. It was for the game Sonic Jam 6 for the Genesis. However, I did some more browsing and realised a page for Super Mario Bros. 2 on the Genesis was created, which is just like Sonic Jam 6 only with Mario in the role. It even mentions Sonic Jam 6 in the article and explains some of the things about it, which made me wonder if the page I created was pointless or not, even though Sonic Jam 6 may have been made first. I even got lots of infomation about it from a site called Secrets of Sonic Team, including cartridge scans and screenshots, including a link to a video of gameplay footage. So is my article worth staying up or not?
Geoff-uk123 16:27, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
Okay, that's great. Thanks for your help.
Geoff-uk123 17:07, July 1, 2011 (UTC)
Hi there Taizou, I'm here to tell you about the merge happening between VG Wiki and Video Game Wiki. The reasoning behind this is due to the fact that both wikis are quite similar and have the same scope. If you would liek to stay affiliated with these two, soon to be one, wikis, please notify me on my talk page at Video Game Wiki. If you would like to discuss this with iSodium, please do so on his talk page at Video Game Wiki. Thank you for your time. – Jäzzi 22:23, September 16, 2011 (UTC)
Where can I get street fighter 18 fighter for sega Megadrive?
I have the game software.
Are the products you've seen?
This game is DDR type.
Please refer to Video.
Why did you delete my page? "Unknown Multicart"Edit
What was the purpose?
- because all it said was you found an unknown multicart ROM and it doesn't work. I mean I have some pretty low standards for what constitutes an acceptable wiki page around here but there was literally no information in that. Taizou (talk) 00:49, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
True, but it was an interesting concept. I mean, think about it, a multicart that has all information, unknown. O_O
Well, are you okay with it, though? After all, I created those to give this Wiki a fan-translation. And the thing about the recent stuff, being in the wrong place, well, it was kinda of an accident. I messed with it, to get it back, of how it was, but I never could figure it out. So, thank you about that. Still, are you okay with the idea, of coming up with a fan-translated version of this Wiki?
Hmm, interesting wiki with lots of information about clones. Do you happen to have some photos of the hardware for some of them? We'd be very interested here at Retro Consoles Wiki
Can I put up a page of the Bootleg Flash Cart, "GB USB smart card"?Edit
Would you let me do so? Yes, it is a bootleg cartridge, I not completely aware if so, because it is unable to disassemble, but I can notice alot details showing it is. So the only thing I can't find out is the chips.
Redirect pages are annoying to me.Edit
*sweats* I know this has been a while back, and I've noticed it ever since you did the change, but...
I ask why you did a redirect page on like i.e. Indiana Jones 2. Please don't do that, I don't like redirect pages, because I thought I was getting a rid of the incorrect page, when I was accidently deleting the correct page (yes, I restored it). I really just wonder why you did that. Why not do what I've done, like delete the wrong page, and put it on the correct one, without having any kind of redirect. (Yes, I'm aware though, that I will do that kind of thing properly, because if I do that kind of thing, I'm going to kicked off the Wiki. Not just that, other things too, like signaturing my pages.) Anyways, I just don't find that necessary. Reply to me to tell me if that is really necessary. I did this, because I was trying help out.
Should I delete my topic of the GB USB smart card?Edit
They're kinda saying it's unnecessary, and I'm kinda wondering if you would agree with them?
I'm kinda wondering if I should delete it.
About Mario 19 Edit
Hi. I just wanted to tell you that Mario 19 is real. Search "Let's play Mari Land 19(Tom sawyer NES hack)(Part 1) on YouTube to find it.
- It's "real" in as much as there's a ROM and you can play it (hence the video), but it's not a pirate game, it was never released on cart or anything. it's just a homebrew rom hack someone made to look like it was a pirate game, and we don't cover homebrew stuff. Taizou (talk) 16:57, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
Taizou, I've been on this wiki for about a year now and I've noticed you've deleted a bunch of things on the wiki. You said to me about a month ago that "it's not my page, but one that people share their knowledge on", but you are actually REMOVING people's knowledge. For example, you deleted my information about Mario 19 on a page (I do understand now that it's not "my page"), yet I found that with my knowledge. So basically, it's not anyone's knowledge, but what you think it is instead.
- what i said was the whole community is free to edit the wiki but admins have the final say. which is still the case.
- anything we delete basically falls into two categories; fake information and stuff that doesn't belong here. i hope it should be self explanatory why we don't want fake info here. the internet is full, i mean full of misinformation and bullshit about bootleg games and we're here to clear it up, so we're not about to tolerate it on this wiki. that does mean that if someone comes along and adds something and an admin knows for sure its fake then it'll be removed pretty quickly. if we suspect it is but we aren't sure, we'll leave a message and give whoever added it the chance to prove their case.
- as for stuff that doesn't belongs here - this wiki covers a fairly narrow subject, that is, bootleg and unlicensed games, so if someone comes along and adds something irrelevant to the subject, we'll remove it. we don't want to be a half-arsed wiki for everything - we want to cover this one subject and do it well.
- Taizou (talk) 02:13, August 29, 2013 (UTC)
hi you are beautiful
By the way, Mario 19 IS real. Don't pick on someone because they are smarter than you. XX
Why did you respond AFTER you banned this user so they can't reply? That's a dick move, man.
Hi, I am your biggest fan!!! I have your profile picture collaged on my ceiling. I also share your websites with everyone I know!!! Please teach me your ways?? I want to learn how to be an asshole!!
Why did my page get deleted Edit
I made a page about a pirated game called Felix VS. Jerry, and for some reason it got deleted. Can it be recovered somehow?
I've deleted it. Pirated hacks of licensed games don't deserve their own article and should be put on a single article detailing a group of them. (for this hack in particular, you're better off just making a general FC/NES hack article with a Felix VS. Jerry "article" being a redirect to the section in the hack article containing it.) KingPepe2010 (talk) 04:34, July 26, 2014 (UTC)
I'm looking for a dendy or replica console email@example.com
Any cheats for Smart MouseEdit
- I don't have a record of the cheat anywhere sorry, I lost it - but it was a level select cheat, I just set the level value I think either to 00 or to one after the last proper level. Taizou (talk) 17:44, November 18, 2014 (UTC)
Street Fighter IVEdit
What countries are 12 characters from Street Fighter IV for NES? Arrimas 01:09, October 6, 2014 (UTC)
- not sure, if it isn't in the game I have no idea.. unless it's in the manual, but I haven't seen that Taizou (talk) 17:44, November 18, 2014 (UTC)
GBC games, multicarts etcEdit
I am pretty sure that pocket monsters crystal and digimon d-3 are hacks of spiderman 3 on the game boy color. (Unsigned comment from 220.127.116.11)
- I think those games came before Spiderman though, so if any of them were hacks it'd be the other way around. But I don't think they're really hacks anyway - they were made on a similar engine for sure, probably by the same developers, but not "hacks" as such. Taizou (talk) 17:44, November 18, 2014 (UTC)
I am sure that Guai Shou Zong Dong Yuan is a hack of Huanxiang Rensheng on the game boy color. (Unsigned comment from 18.104.22.168)
- I don't know about this one, purely because I've never seen Guai Shou Zong Dong Yuan in action - do you own the game, or do you have a link to some screenshots/video somewhere? Taizou (talk) 17:44, November 18, 2014 (UTC)
I know that definitely waixing made the 245 in 1 real game because coolboy only made 2 nes multicarts listed on this page here called the 198 in 1 and 218 in 1 respectively: http://supermulti.org/?tags=famicom (Unsigned comment from 22.214.171.124)
- Yeah that's my site, but I never claimed that was a full list of Coolboy multicarts, it's just two I happen to own. I think the confusion here is that there are two Coolboy companies though:
- * Fuzhou Coolboy Electronics - uses the "Coolboy" brand in English, "酷哥" in Chinese. This is probably a subsidiary or front company for Waixing or Subor, hence why I put "Fuzhou Coolboy Electronics (Waixing?)" on the 245 in 1 page. I'm pretty sure they are named on the packagin
g for at least some versions of the 245 in 1.
- * Shenzhen Renshun Technology - they used to use the "CoolBoy" brand in English, but the Chinese name is different, "酷孩". However they seem to have switched to using "CoolBaby", probably because they got in some trouble with the other Coolboy (the Waixing one)
- Taizou (talk) 17:44, November 18, 2014 (UTC)
nice code softwareEdit
I am pretty sure the information i am adding on the nice code software page is accurate.
- Yeah most of it seems to be, there are just a few things really. Like you say Vigilant is a clone of G-Force FGT from Action 52 but they really don't have all that much in common.. or you have VT03 games listed under 32-bit when it's not. (also I don't think the Qi Sheng Long section makes much sense when most of those games show up on other consoles not made by Qi Sheng Long - there are only a few VT03 versions that really seem to be QSL exclusive, usually the ones that have "© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED" on the title screen) Taizou (talk) 01:14, November 19, 2014 (UTC)
Also those games that have all rights reserved are not made by qi sheng long and are made by nice code and i know they are definitely made by nice code. Vigilant and the G-force FGT do have a lot in common because i played the vigilant game before and i watched a video of the G-force FGT. The games from the qi sheng long section are mostly from the sports game 69 in 1 because while they were released on other consoles. That's because qi sheng long published both consoles and nice code developed games on both consoles. The few games i listed on qi sheng long's section come from a dcat console called the 100 in 1 and a famiclone called the games xplosion. Regardless if those games were released elsewhere they are still published by qi sheng long.
- I know the "All Rights Reserved" ones are made by Nice Code but those versions seem to be exclusive to Qi Sheng Long consoles.. here's a random example:
- I have a 151 in 1 VT03 console by QSL which has several of them, and a couple of later VT03 consoles by Trump Grand and Macro Winners which have none of them.
- Maybe some of the variations on the Games Xplosion were originally published by QSL as well though, that is pretty much the first place I saw them.
- The D-Cat isn't made by Qi Sheng Long as far as I know, I don't know who made it but I'm pretty sure it wasn't them.
- and G-Force may have a few things in common with Vigilant but only because they're two cheaply made horizontal shooters, it's just not close enough to be called a clone IMO. G-Force has an energy bar, Vigilant doesn't; Vigilant has a Gas meter, G-Force doesnt; they have different enemy formations, powerups, etc etc.
- Taizou (talk) 00:30, November 20, 2014 (UTC)
Skob's chinese translations of japanese sega megadrive gamesEdit
I want to know if skob are related to the same company that made these chinese translations in the top left of this page here: http://derrick.sobodash.com/#filter=.clips
- not sure which one you're talking about, there are a few articles on that page... Taizou (talk) 00:18, November 20, 2014 (UTC)
I am saying did skob actually make the chinese translation of sango fighter ii and a chinese translation of a sega megadrive game that seems to be a port of this waixing famicom game called Ying Lie Qun Xia Zhuan.
- oh, no they didn't. Sango Fighter II is a Taiwanese game and it was made in Chinese to begin with. I think the other game shown on that page is another Taiwanese PC game. Taizou (talk) 17:45, November 20, 2014 (UTC)
Desert storm and pokemon silver (waixing games)Edit
Taizou would you happen to know cheat codes for getting chinese title screen on desert storm. I know a cheat code exists thanks to a screenshot i seen online. Pokemon silver is shown on waixing's list however i thought this game was actually a very new pokemon rpg that hasn't been discovered yet. Is it a pokemon rpg or something else?
- I don't know of any cheat code. there is a version with a Chinese title screen but I always thought that was a separate revision (probably the standalone cart version).
- as for Pokemon Silver, I'm not sure about Waixing's version but it might just be a title hack of one of their other Pokemon RPGs, a lot of them are like that.
- I think the new one you're thinking of is Pokemon SoulSilver which is a Jncota game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK528yHBzTA
- Taizou (talk) 01:32, November 21, 2014 (UTC)
Shenzen nanjing's pageEdit
The information i am adding on gardman,primitive and primitive woman by them is 100% accurate. So no modifying what i already said please.
- This is a wiki. The whole point of a wiki is that people can modify your contributions. So yes people absolutely will continue to modify what you said, if they consider it necessary. Probably 80% of the information you're adding is accurate but your edits *do* have problems (ie lack of capitalisation, and you're *still* removing things from previous versions for no reason), and some things you add are basically assumptions and shouldn't be on here without some proof to back them up. You'd do a lot better here if you would acknowledge that your edits aren't perfect, and accept our suggestions for improvement, instead of trying to defend everything you do and carrying on exactly the same way as before. Taizou (talk) 21:08, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
Grouping all these messages from Kdma3950 together because they're basically the same:
I should be allowed to edit thise page to reflect the title screen hack of commandos is by heggendianzhi and that i have all variants of waixing's pokemon red dumped and so i should be able to modify the information on the article to say all of them are dumped as well.
Heggendianzhi and shenzen jncota's sections on their pageEdit
I should be allowed to add hyperlinks to videos and add a image of heggendianzhi's copyright screen to this page then.
List of undumped gamesEdit
I should be able to modify,update or remove information from this page should i have the roms for the games or i have some and i get some more as time passes on. Or i found videos of them.
Skob and Yong yong's pagesEdit
I should be allowed to modify these pages as i am adding 100% accurate information to them.
- You don't have to tell me why you should be allowed to edit every single page. You can edit any page you like, just don't ignore our suggestions, and be prepared for people to challenge what you've added if it seems like it might not be true. Taizou (talk) 21:23, November 22, 2014 (UTC)
Kdma3950, that was not how sections workEdit
Why do wiki editors keep modifying shenzen nanjing's page about primitive man,primitive woman and gardman when the referenced page to gardman shows it is a sprite hack and a youtube video showing the powerjoy versions of both primitive man and primitive woman shows that they are just the original game tom and jerry 3 separated into two parts with the levels where you play as jerry separated into one game and levels where you play as tom separated into one game. Why will no one believe me when i have actually clicked the referenced link to kamming's page about gardman and watxched a youtube video showing the powerjoy versions of both primitive man and primitive woman then!
- It only happened twice and it wasn't even recently. Calm down. KingPepe2010 (talk) 04:39, November 23, 2014 (UTC)
Angry Video Game NerdEdit
Hello. I don't think you know me, I just joined this wiki, but I want to ask, can I make a short page about the Angry Video Game Nerd and the bootlegs he reviewed?
TRAITOR! I HAVE ALWAYS HATED YOU! YOU CAN DIE LIKE THE REST! (talk) 17:57, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
- nah, sorry, I don't think that'd be appropriate for this wiki - he's not really a bootleg topic. if the reviews are *really* notable you can maybe add a note or a link to the individual game pages, but don't go overboard, and don't be surprised if someone ends up removing them later.. reviews aren't really something we cover and IMO not all that relevant to the topic Taizou (talk) 23:39, May 11, 2015 (UTC)
Images found in ROMs Edit
Hi , Taizou.
I found some image in 牧场物语GB2（MuChang WuYu GB2） and 勇者斗恶龙-怪兽仙境（YongZhe Dou ELong - GuaiShou XianJing），Both of them has images like "高科(GaoKe)" or "东莞高科汉化(DongGuan GaoKe Hanhua)"，but no more information for him.
By the way ,TaiKong ZhanShi - MoFa ZhanShi has another title image left in ROM，called "幻神天地",image here: tieba.baidu.com/p/1612006518
I want to upload image and link directly but I can't signup,sorry for countless spelling mistakes.126.96.36.199 15:44, June 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the info! GaoKe is Hitek, the same publisher (and developer?) of Terrifying 9/11 and other original games, so I guess they made some Chinese translations at some point too. Many of their games have "BOKUJOU GB2" headers, so it makes sense for them to have worked on a Chinese translation of that game. Taizou (talk) 22:25, December 5, 2015 (UTC)
Mario 18 & 19 Edit
Mari Land 19 is real
Proof: There was a multicart with this game in it
BTW, I know two people who have a ROM of this game downloaded from the internet. I asked them to give me a link, but they ignored me. Can you plz give me the link?
The same people also had Super Mali Bros. 18 ROM which I can't find either
PLZ DON'T IGNORE THIS
- if there's a multicart, find me a link. and sorry i don't have any links to the ROMs since i have no interest in them at this point Taizou (talk) 22:25, December 5, 2015 (UTC)
but i dont know a link
- well then it's not really "proof" is it? Taizou (talk) 22:38, December 5, 2015 (UTC)
- I added that there, but someone took the image off of the wiki, and i don't have the photo saved. It said "Super Mario Collection - 19 and 20" or something, and had pictures of Mario, Toad, and Kirby. Either way, I found out the cart actually featured Mario 14 and 16. Damn pirates trying to make the games sound interesting...
Sonic Adventures 7Edit
Lines for the Dendy?Edit
Today I was watching a video about Harry Tour when I came across a Dendy game called "Lines", I can tell it's a logic competitive game, Given that there doesn't seem to be any videos about it aside from these two. Can you hire anyone to make a page about it, please? Chechutielve (talk) 21:02, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
- We don't hire anyone to do anything, it's all voluntary! Feel free to start a page yourself if you want to though. Taizou (talk) 21:00, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Just gonna add my two cents in here...from the videos, the most I can gather is that it is some form of match-five game made for the Dendy and possibly the Famicom. The graphics are giving me this weird ZX Spectrum feel, though...not sure if this is a full bootleg or just a shoddy, unliscensed port of a ZX Spectrum game!
- I'll gladly help write the page and try to find any interesting bits of code if I can find a proper dump of this thing. I'm currently having no luck finding any more good info on the game aside from those videos, so it could possibly be undumped. TheOnlyMemeMachine (talk) 21:24, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for creating the page!
- Just a bit of advice - articles should be written from a neutral/factual point of view, not your own. So don't state your opinion or refer to yourself in the first person, and don't sign your name on article pages.
- So, for example, don't say "Lines is a weird logic Dendy game I found out about while I was wandering around YouTube.", just say "Lines is a logic Dendy game." or something like that.
- Thanks Taizou (talk) 21:36, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Great, thanks! Taizou (talk) 22:04, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
- I also tidied the entire article up to look like the rest of the wiki.
- Key tip on page writing here: write it as if it were a real Wikipedia article! Real Wikipedia articles typically don't use bolding, avoid contractions like isn't and can't, and never refer to members on the wiki. That stuff is okay in comments, but not actual articles! TheOnlyMemeMachine (talk) 22:26, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
Hello there. I came to you for help of two things. Firstly, what's up with the message that says four squiggly-like lines is needed for a signature? Secondly, how do I upload pictures in order to edit an existing wiki? -From Raybox Razorblade
Hi, it is recommended to sign your message when you edit a talk section on a page. Doing this helps people following a discussion with multiple user. There's a signature button available through the standard wikia editor if you do not know how to write the ~ thingy. For the images; you can simply go to an article and add a photo using the menu on the right side or go to "On this wiki -> Images" then click on "add a photo". Enjoy your stay on BGW MLJY (talk) 21:14, August 11, 2016 (UTC)
A user recently nominated the site for inclusion in our gaming footer program. Would you be interested?
Hello there! I've just written two people asking permission to use an image from your site. I'm writing a book on the Street Fighter series of games and I'm including info on two unofficial titles. These bootleg games have images (box & cartridge snapshots, specifically) that I would love to use in my publication. However, I'm unsure if I'll get permission from the poster or if I need it from the Wiki or even Fandom as a parent company. Any chance you could help me figure this out?
Thanks so much for your time!
Im sorry all categories :( Edit
Thanks Taizou maybe im not blocked too added categories games
Thanks to Taizou Edit
Thank you Taizou :)