|Zook Hero 2|
Title screen from the Rockman X3 version
Li Cheng (China)
|Console||Game Boy Color|
|Sound engine||Capcom (Mega Man V engine)|
|Alternate names/hacks||Rockman DX3, Rockman X3, Rockman 3|
Zook Hero 2 is a platform game based on Capcom's Mega Man X series, particularly Megaman Xtreme 2. The game is structured similarly to a Megaman game, with eight stages in total, six of which can be selected from the start of the game and contain bosses from which you gain a weapon. Zook's abilities are nearly identical to X's, such as an arm cannon capable of firing both normal and charged shots, and sliding and wall jump moves.
As in Xtreme 2 you can start the game as one of two playable characters, "Zook 1" (red) and "Zook 2" (purple), although the only difference seems to be in their appearance.
Despite the game's heavy Mega Man influences its code, graphics and music appear to be original, with the exception of the sound engine, which is taken from Mega Man V.
- Zook Hero 2 - The original version.
- Rockman 3 - Same as Zook Hero 2 with a different title screen. Possibly the version released in China by Li Cheng. In this version, the hit detection during boss fights is glitched; the player can get hit by "invisible objects" and not get hurt by touching the actual boss or its projectiles. This bug is not present in either the Rockman X3 or Zook Hero 2 versions of the game.
- Rockman X3 - Uses the music from Zook Z. The save function does not work (despite the option still being present) but all the bosses are defeated from the start - this gives you all the weapons but also means the bosses are missing from the first six levels.
- Rockman DX3 - Title used on the packaging for both above versions.
- Rockman DX3 - A fully functional version with the original music and bosses restored.